The Granite State Power Link is positioned to provide significant local, state, and regional economic benefits, while minimizing impact on the environment in host communities.
– GSPL utilizes existing transmission corridors, infrastructure and access roads to minimize the environmental and visual impact on host communities.
– GSPL provides compatibility by constructing the new HVDC line adjacent to an existing HVDC line.
– GSPL will be executed with environmentally sound construction and operation.
– GSPL will deliver Canadian wind power to help New England states meet their renewable energy and emissions reduction goals.
– GSPL will reduce over 15.7 million tons of carbon dioxide within the first ten years.
Read the independent report from ESAI Power LLC that shows real environmental benefits are derived from new class I wind resource projects like GSPL versus projects proposing to deliver existing Canadian hydro. A summary of the report is available HERE.