The Granite State Power Link is positioned to provide significant local, state, and regional economic benefits, while minimizing impact on host communities.
– GSPL will lower electricity costs in New England — $2.8 billion in Massachusetts, $1.4 billion in New Hampshire and $487 million in Vermont over its first ten years in operation — helping residents and businesses save money.
– Approximately 2,000 annual jobs will be created during peak construction.
– GSPL will provide approx. $990 million in state and local property taxes to New Hampshire and Vermont over the project’s lifespan.
– National Grid and Citizens Energy will provide millions of dollars in local economic development funds to communities along the route in New Hampshire and Vermont.
– Citizens Energy will provide substantial energy assistance to low income families in the region.