The Granite State Power Link is positioned to provide significant local, state, and regional economic benefits, while minimizing impact on host communities.
- GSPL will lower electricity costs in New Hampshire and Vermont by more than $1.8 billion over its first ten years in operation, providing substantial savings for residents and businesses.
- Approximately 2,000 annual jobs will be created during peak construction.
- GSPL will provide state and local property taxes worth over $990 million in New Hampshire and Vermont over the project’s lifespan.
- National Grid and Citizens Energy will provide millions of dollars in local economic development funds to communities along the route in New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Citizens Energy will provide substantial energy assistance to low income families in the region.